UPSC CMS Exam 2021 Vacancy Advertisement for Various Posts, Apply Online for Combined Medical Services Exam 2021 Check Notification. Application Forms out for UPSC Combined Medical Services Jobs Latest Openings New Jobs at www.upsc.gov.in| How to Apply for UPSC CMS Various Posts
Union Public Service Commission is soon going to release the official notification for the Combined Medical Services examination on 7th July 2021. As per the new UPSC CMS calendar, application form submission for the combined Medical Services will start from 7th July, and 27th July 2021 is the last date to apply for the recruitment of opportunity. All the other details related to the recruitment like eligibility criteria, syllabus, examination pattern, salary, application procedure, etc are covered in this article. Read till end to get more information related to the recruitment percentage.
UPSC CMS 2021
There are a lot of vacancies that are launched by the concerned authorities of the Union Public Service Commission so that a lot of people will be able to get new employment opportunities in the upcoming year of 2021. A proper examination is held by the concerned authorities of UPSC so that they can get proper candidates in the recruitment positions for the upcoming air-off 2021. If you also want to apply for the UPSC CMS 2021 opportunity then you can apply for the entrance examination which is conducted by the concerned authorities of UPSC to select the candidates more judicially.
Read More: UPPSC Lecturer Recruitment 2021
UPSC CMS 2021 Details
|Name||UPSC CMS 2021|
|Job name||Various vacancies|
|Number of vacancies||Update Soon|
|Notification Release Date||07 July 2021|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||07 July 2021|
|Closing Date to Apply Online||27 July 2021|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee by Cash||27 July 2021|
|Exam Date||21 November 2021|
|Admit Card Available||Expected in October 2021|
|Result Declared||To be Notified|
The applicant will have to give the following application fees while applying for the recruitment:-
|For General/OBC Candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|For Female/SC/ST/PwBD Candidates||No Fees|
The applicant will have to follow the following age limit while applying for the recruitment of opportunity:-
|Post Name||Age Limit|
|Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam||Maximum 32 years as on 1st August 2020|
UPSC CMS 2021 Educational Criteria
The applicant must follow the following educational qualifications while applying for the recruitment opportunity:-
|Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam||Candidates should have passed the written and practical parts of the final MBBS Examination|
The following vacancies are available to apply from in this recruitment:-
|Post Name||No. of Posts|
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services||182|
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer||300|
|Assistant Medical Officer||66|
|General duty Medical Officer||04|
|General duty Medical Officer Grade-II||07|
The applicant will be given the following each relaxation in this recruitment opportunity:-
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible for reservation applicable to such candidates.
- An Up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as of 1st August 2020 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August 2020 otherwise than byways of dismissal or discharge on account of the misconduct of inefficiency), or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalid.
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2020 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil Employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Up to a maximum of ten years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disability viz. (a) blindness and low vision, (b) deaf and hard of hearing, (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) of Section 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 including deaf-blindness.
Salary And Responsibilities
The applicant will have to follow the following responsibilities and will be given the following salaries according to the different vacancies available:-
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways-
- The post of Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Indian Railway Health Service is in Group ‘A” Junior Scale in level 10 of Pay Matrix (Pre Revised PB-3, Rs.15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/-) and it carries Non-Practising Allowance as per rules/orders in force from time to time.
- He will attend the indoor wards, and our patient department daily and as required.
- He will carry out a physical examination of candidates and of employees in service in accordance with the regulations in force.
- Will look after family welfare, public health and sanitation in his jurisdiction.
- He will carry out examinations of vendors.
- He will be responsible for discipline and proper discharge of duties of the Hospital Health Unit Staff.
- Will carry out duties assigned to him especially if any and will prepare returns and indents connected with his especially.
- He will maintain and ensure the upkeep of equipment in his charge.
- Post of Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence:
- Pay level 10 of the pay matrix plus NPA (as per rate and rules in vogue and as amended from time to time).
- General administration of the department under his charge-Plan, Organize and supervise the work; quality assurance; Control, discipline, training and welfare of the staff and ensuring proper discharge of duties by them; Stores management; Maintenance of proper documentation, records and statistics; Ensuring proper housekeeping and security; maintenance of facility, equipment and instruments; ensuring proper infection control and bio-medical waste disposal.
- Such other duties as are allotted to them by the Medical Officer-In-Charge.
- Junior Scale Posts in the Central Health Service:
- Candidates will be appointed to Junior Group `A` scale and they will be on probation for a period of 2 years from the date of appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- The scale of pay admissible to the Medical Officer of CHS is in the Level-10 (Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/-) of the pay matrix and NPA as per orders issued by the Government from time to time, and the promotional avenues will be available as per the provision of CHS Rules, 2014 and the orders and instructions issued by the Government from time to time.
- General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council:
- Pay Matrix Level-10 Rs.56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted Non-practicing allowance (NPA).
- GDMO shall be entitled for promotion as Senior Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level–11 Rs.67700-208700/- and from Senior Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level-12 Rs.78800-209200/- and from Chief Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer (Non-functional Selection Grade) in the Pay Matrix Level–13 Rs. 118500-214100/- and Senior Administrative Grade Pay Matrix Level–14 Rs.144200- 218200/-.
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation:
- Salary at the minimum of first cell of Rs.56,100/- in the level 10 of the Pay Matrix under 7th CPC (corresponding to pre-revised scale in PB–3 Rs.15600-39100+GP Rs.5400/-)plus NPA and other admissible allowances as per rules.
The applicant will have to go through the following selection procedure to apply for the recruitment:-
- Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying, marks in the computer based examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test
- Provided that candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes or the Other Backward Classes or Economically Weaker Sections may be summoned for an interview for personality test by the Commission by applying relaxed standards if the Commission are of the opinion that a sufficient number of candidates from these communities are not likely to be summoned for interview for personality test on the basis of the general standard in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
- After the interview the Commission will prepare two separate merit lists – one for Category I i.e. the Junior Scale Posts in the Central Health Service and the other for Category II i.e. Non-CHS (viz. Ministry of Railways, Indian Ordnance Factories, New Delhi Municipal Council, East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation) on the basis of the ranks/preferences of the candidates and vacancies.
- For the preparation of result, the candidates shall be arranged by the Commission in the order of merit on the basis of aggregate marks finally awarded to each candidate in the Examination.
- Thereafter, the Commission, based on the preference exercised by the candidates, shall recommend candidates to both Categories in order of respective merit for each category.
- The Commission shall for the purpose of recommending candidates against unreserved vacancies, fix separate qualifying marks (hereinafter referred to as general qualifying standards) with reference to the number of unreserved vacancies to be filled up in CHS and other remaining Services/Posts on the basis of the Examination.
- All candidates who qualify for interview/personality test on the basis of the written part of the examination shall be required to undergo the medical examination normally on the next working day immediately after the day of the interview/ personality test of the concerned candidate (there shall be no medical examination on Saturdays, Sundays and closed holidays).
- To be passed as fit for appointment, a candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties as an officer of the service
The following documents are required while applying for the recruitment opportunity:-
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- A Certificate in support of the claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Economically Weaker Sections and Other Backward Classes where applicable.
- Certificate in support of a claim for age/fee concession, where applicable.
- Certificate in support of being Person with Benchmark Disability (where applicable).
The applicant must follow the following examination scheme to give the examination related to the recruitment:-
- COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION – (500 marks)
- The candidates will take the Computer-based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION – (500 marks)
- Personality Test: (100 Marks)
- Personality test carrying 100 marks of such candidates who qualify on the results of the Computer-based examination.
- Personality Test: (100 Marks)
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
- The exam will be a Multiple choice-based exams.
- The question Papers Booklet will be in the English language only.
- A negative marking of 1/3 marks will be there.
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Paper 1 – General Medicine and Paediatrics||120 (96 from General Medicine and 24 from Paediatrics)||250||2 hours|
|Paper 2- (a) Surgery, (b) Gynaecology & Obstetrics and (c) Preventive & Social Medicine||120 (40 questions from each part)||250||2 hours|
UPSC CMS Syllabus
Syllabus of Paper-I
- General Medicine including the following:
(ii) Respiratory diseases
(viii) Metabolic disorders
(ix) Infections/Communicable Diseases
(xi) Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
(xii) Musculoskelatal System
(xv) Emergency Medicine
(xvi) Common Poisoning
(xvii) Snake bite
(xviii) Tropical Medicine
(xix) Critical Care Medicine
(xx) Emphasis on medical procedures
(xxi) Patho physiological basis of diseases
(xxii) Vaccines preventable diseases and Non vaccines preventable diseases
(xxiii) Vitamin deficiency diseases
(xxiv) In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases and Schizoprenia.
- (b) Paediatrics including the following –
(i) Common childhood emergencies,
(ii) Basic new born care,
(iii) Normal developmental milestones,
(iv) Accidents and poisonings in children,
(v) Birth defects and counseling including autism,
(vi) Immunization in children,
(vii) Recognizing children with special needs and management, and
(viii) National programmes related to child health.
Syllabus of Paper – II
(Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)
(I) General Surgery
v) Blood vessels
vii) Head and neck
ix) Alimentary tract
x) Liver, Bile, Pancreas
xiii) Abdominal wall
xiv) Abdominal injuries
(II) Urological Surgery
(III) Neuro Surgery
(IV) Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
(V) Thoracic surgery
(VI) Orthopedic surgery
(X) Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
(XI) Pre-operative and post operative care of surgical patients
(XII) Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
(XIII) Wound healing
(XIV) Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
(XV) Shock patho-physiology and management.
- (b) GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
i) Ante-natal conditions
ii) Intra-natal conditions
iii) Post-natal conditions
iv) Management of normal labours or complicated labour
i) Questions on applied anatomy
ii) Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
iii) Questions on infections in genital tract
iv) Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract
v) Questions on displacement of the uterus
vi) Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
vii) High risk pregnancy and management
ix) Intra Uterine growth retardation
x) Medicolegal examination in obgy and Gynae including Rape.
- (III) FAMILY PLANNING
i) Conventional contraceptives
ii) U.D. and oral pills
iii) Operative procedure, sterilization and organization of programmes in the
urban and rural surroundings
iv) Medical Termination of Pregnancy
(c) PREVENTIVE SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
I Social and Community Medicine
II Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
III Health Administration and Planning
IV General Epidemiology
V Demography and Health Statistics
VI Communicable Diseases
VII Environmental Health
VIII Nutrition and Health
IX Non-communicable diseases
X Occupational Health
XI Genetics and Health
XII International Health
XIII Medical Sociology and Health Education
XIV Maternal and Child Health
XV National Programmes
XVI Management of common health problems
XVII Ability to monitor national health programmes
XVIII Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
XIX Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health
problems including malnutrition and emergencies
Application Procedure UPSC CMS 2021
To apply for the recruitment opportunity or the mains examination of the recruitment you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, click on the link given here to go to the official web page of the Union Public Service Commission
- On the web page you have to click on the instructions to download the instructions for the recruitment
- You can also download the notification by clicking on the notification icon
- Then, click on the examination name to proceed to the application form
- You can also download the official recruitment notification by clicking on the link given above
- Now after reading all of the recruitment notification carefully you have to click on the link
- You have to login using your Login ID and password
- If you have not registered yourself you can click on the option called Registration
- A new page will be displayed on your screen
- You have to enter all of the details asked in the registration form
- Finally, click on Submit
The applicant must follow the following important links while applying for the different procedures in this recruitment:-
|Apply Online (Mains)||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification (Mains)||Click Here|
|Download Result||Click Here|
|Download Admit Card||Click Here|
|Download Written Exam Schedule||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|