RBI Grade B 2021 Exam is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India, recruiting the candidates for the posts of Grade B officers in the bank across the country. As the Reserve Bank of India plays a vital role in the strategy of the country’s development and economy, it provides a good amount of salary with a reputed job profile. The Grade B officer job attract thousands of candidates every year, but the posts are limited. This job profile is the golden chance for the seeker to get selected. The candidates are advised to go through all the essential details of RBI Grade B Exam 2021 provided in this Article.
Types Of RBI Grade B 2021 Officer Jobs
- First Grade B Officer (General)
- Second Grade B Officer (Department of Economy and Policy Research)
- Third Grade B Officer (Department of Statistics and Information Management)
The selection process will be done in three Phase: Preliminary, Mains and Interview. The candidate who have qualified the Prelims and Mains Exam will be called for an interview. The Selected candidate will have the chance to work with reputed finance institution of India. We wish Best of Luck to the candidates for their Future Endeavour.
RBI Officer Grade B 2021 Notification
RBI releases its official notification every year in the month of August/September for the post of Grade B officers. The exam will take place in the month of December. We will update more notification regarding RBI Grade B Officer post soon. The candidate is requested to visit this website for the more daily update.
Exam Date Of RBI Officer Grade B
Vacancies Under RBI Grade B Officer
The official number of the vacancies will be revealed with the first notification in the month of August/September. The expected number of the vacancies for RBI Grade B 2020 is 190+. Previously, the number of vacancies were 199. Section wise Vacancies are listed below:
|Grade B Officer (DR)- General||156|
|Grade B Officer (DR)-DEPR||20|
|Grade B Officer (DR)-DSIM||23|
A package of 12-14 lacs will be an offer to the Selected Candidate for RBI Grade B Officers post. The grade pay of Rs.35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400 will be given, that means the officer will get a basic salary of Rs. 35150/- with an increment RS. 1750/- for nine years of service. You will have a basic salary of Rs. 50,900/-, the increment of Rs.1750/- for two consecutive years. Then an increment of Rs. 2000/- for the next two years. The promotion will be ended and the last basic salary will be Rs.62,000/- apart from conveyance allowance, house rent allowance and many more.
The general and OBC has to pay a fee of Rs. 850/ while SC/ST/PwDhas to pay an amount of Rs.100/- for RBI Grade B officer.
Exam Pattern Of RBI Grade B Officer
The Exam Pattern for RBI Grade B is mentioned below in the table as per the official pattern provided by the reserve bank of India. The candidate has to qualify each of the three-phase(Prelims, Mains, Interview) of exam to get the job of Grade B officer in RBI.
|Topics||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||2 Hours|
Mains Exam Pattern
|Topics||Paper Type||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Economics and Social Issues||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|Paper II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (keyboard Typing)||100||90 minutes|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||100||90 minutes|
The candidates who have qualified the Prelims and Mains will be called for the interview process. The weightage of the interview will be 50 marks.
RBI Grade B Officer Eligibility Criteria
There are three criteria for the candidate’s eligibility for RBI officer Grade B.
- Education Qualification
- RBI Grade B Officer (DR)- (General) Candidate who have secured 60% aggregate in his/her Graduation, Senior Secondary and High School (in case of SC/ST/PWD – 50%).
- RBI Grade B Officer (DR)- (DEPR)- Candidate who have secured 55% aggregate in masters of Economics/Mathematical Economics/ Quantitative Economics/Integrated Economics and Finance subject.
- RBI Grade B Officer (DR)- (DSIM)- a candidate who has passed in Statistical/Mathematical/Mathematical Economics or PGDBA(Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics) from a recognized institution.
Reserve Bank of India has set the minimum age of the applicant as 21 years and the maximum age as 30 years, while the M.Phil and PhD. Candidates have an age limit of 32 and 34 years respectively till the date 01/01/2020. The relaxation in upper age limit is given below in the table for:
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
RBI Grade B Officer 2021 Online Application
The application form availability will be notified by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on the official website in the month of August/September. The Aspirants are requested to visit this page on regular basis to get every notification regarding RBI Grade B Officer 2020. Listed below are the steps to be followed while filling up the Application form.
- Visit the official website
- Click for the new user registration.
- It will ask a valid E-mail ID and Phone Number, for the registration process.
- By using your valid email ID or valid mobile number. The OTP will get generated and get to you by an SMS on mobile.
- User will get the Application form while clicking the apply button, fill it online.
- In order to get the application form filled you should have the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression with the required range of size and format.
- After filling and uploading all the details, re-check the validity of the data.
- The Application fee can be submitted online by a debit or credit card
- Download the duly filled-in application form.
- Take the print-out for future references.